Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A little catching up...

After weeks of thinking, trying, and searching I have finally found my song.  The song that I like and my kids will grow up hearing every night before they go to bed.  I first heard it on a movie and loved it then.  Why I didn't think of it until just recently, I really don't know.

Close your eyes,
Have no fear,
The monsters gone,
He's on the run and your [mommy's] here, 


Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Before you go to sleep,
Say a little prayer,
Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Out on the ocean sailing away,
I can hardly wait,
To see you to come of age,
But I guess we'll both,
Just have to be patient,
Yes it's a long way to go,
But in the meantime,

Before you cross the street,
Take my hand,
Life is just what happens to you,
While your busy making other plans,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,
Darling,
Darling,
Darling [boy]



Just to give credit where credit's due, this is a song written by John Lennon for his son, and what a good one it is. 




Moving on, what the heck is up with all the crazy dreams I've been having lately?! My favorite of dreams took place probably around three weeks ago.  Before I share, let me say I am a person who rarely dreams and who even more rarely remembers dreams. This particular dream is so bizarre and funny that of all dreams, I remember this one.  


I am not in any way a Twilight fanatic of any kind.  I have not read any of the books, have not seen the second movie, only saw the first because it was being shoved down my throat, and do not swoon over "Edward" and/or "Jacob".  My dream, however, would make someone think otherwise. 


I am an employee on the Ellen show (love her!!).  I'm one of the ones with the cool headsets that is actually on the floor behind the cameras during the show, a producer of sorts. On today's show, Robert Pattinson is come.  We proceed with the show like any other taping.  Robert comes out and is talking with Ellen, the interview is going just fine.  In true Ellen fashion, she asks if he's dating....can you see where my dream is going?  Robert looks over at me and with a giddy little grin begins to tell Ellen about him dating one of her employees. Then he comes over, grabs my hand, and takes me on the stage with him.  Pretty much he's head over heels for me and thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.  We've been "together" for a while but just have kept it hush hush. So it pretty much ends like any chick flick, running off into the sunset kind of thing. Completely random dream?  Uh, yeah. I don't know what to think about it, maybe it's my subconscious screaming out a secret celebrity crush, or maybe it's my overly tired brain finally getting a deep sleep and piecing together experiences (watching the Ellen where he was on) into the most absurd events ever!!  Who knows. 




Mommy-brained, episode 1:
My ears "perk up" and turns my brain on from hibernation mode (or so it seemed), Liam is awake and ready to have his morning bottle.  I look at the clock and "oh crap! I'm gonna be late!"  I jump out of bed, get a bottle warmed up for my little bambino, put him in our bed, and wake up joe to feed him so I can get ready for work.  I go in the bathroom, throw on some clothes for work and throw my hair in a ponytail. I come out of the bathroom and glance at the clock....hmmm....now I'm a little confused. I stared at it for a second, then walked into the kitchen to check the time on the stove....*mouth gapes open and forehead scowls in further confusion*...I walk back into the bedroom and Joe, seeing the confusion on my face asks "what's the matter?"  I stare at the alarm clock again and confess, "It's 3 in the morning.  I don't know what I was thinking or what my eyes were seeing.  Sorry, go back to sleep." Joe's response?  "Are you serious?!"


Oops.


The funny part about that story (it definitely WASN'T funny then), was while I was changing in the bathroom, I thought how cool it was that Liam slept completely through the night for the first time. Boy was I wrong. 




My final thought for the night is what I like to call Ode to Sasha.  I have a friend who is just the darn best thing ever, she is right up there to the coolest thing since sliced bread....definitely. Anyone who knows her will agree that she is so much fun to be around.  If you're having a bad day, Sasha can make you smile.  She says the funniest things, and has dance moves to boot!  One of my all-time FAVORITE Sasha stories is this:  me and Joe were at the B-rau's hanging out one night a couple years back. Sash is sitting on the couch playing with her knee skin. "I want to get my knee pierced" she says out of no where. I died laughing.  I'm not sure why exactly I thought that was so hysterical, but I did.  And it still makes me laugh. Sasha and her boo Alex recently tied the knot, I couldn't be happier for them both. Alex went and joined the army and is currently on the other side of the country in basic training. After only 2 weeks of marriage, he left for his training.  Sash is a trooper.  I don't know how she does it.  She is so supportive of him and seems to be managing alright with him gone.  The fact that she can say "I miss him but..." then continue with her love and support of what Alex is doing I find to be so admirable.  She's not swallowed up in sadness and self-pity because he is gone, she's using this time to get things done for them as a couple and her an individual.  It will be a bitter-sweet day when Alex gets stationed and Sasha moves away to be with him.  Sweet because they will get to start their married adventure together for the long run....bitter because I will miss her, and Alex too.  Alex and Sasha are some of mine and Joe's closest friends.  How sad it will be when they are gone. We love them.  I love you Sash!  You're my girl, my entertainment, my vent buddy, my example of unconditional support, my sista from anotha mista



1 comment:

Sasha said...

Aww kim! That was the nicest thing I've ever read! I teared a little. I'll miss you too when I move :(
Oh and I like that song its cute :)