Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ah, life.

Today was a day filled with many different thoughts and feelings of life in the world.  I was thinking to myself what a wonderful life I have and how much I can't get enough of my little family of three. It's truly amazing to me how much an "oops baby" can change your life.  What started out as a night of upsetting tears and anxiety ended up as a moment of the most pure genuine whole-hearted love looking at me for the first time. 

September 27, 2009 at 4:47 am is when my life, our lives, changed forever.



 How is it possible that so much happiness and love can come from an 8 lb 4 oz 21inch little body?



 How is it possible that a little body that requires so much time and drains every last ounce of energy is the very thing you want to leave everything else behind just to be with?
And how is it possible that even in a stressful, dark, overwhelmed moment, a smile from that little body can melt your heart and bring back the joy and light?


It's amazing.

Then there's the other side to happiness.  I think of those I know who have seemingly endless struggles and trials. Those people who long for happiness, but can never seem to find it. It's so sad to me. It makes me wish I was more able to help these people I care about, so that they might know the happiness I am so lucky to have.

1 comment:

Miss Kendra said...

I know what you mean. Gotta love those little smiles at just the right moment.